Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesdy Update

Another day in Paradise. It started out with rain which had us worried but it never got worse than intermittent showers. Our morning session had us break out into our "horsenality" groups. Parelli folks will understand this, and those who went through the HP Managing Interpersonal Relationships will get the concept as well. You get categorized based on whether you are an introvert or extrovert, and whether you are right-brained (intuitive) or left-brained (logical). Laura and I both went into the Left Brained Introvert group (surprise!). We went over the characteristics of all the groups, and then how the groups are perceived by members of the other group. Seems us LBIs are perceived as cold, un-fun, know-it-alls who always have to be right. Hmmph! Thank goodness we know the truth.

Then we got to warm up our horses, then have lunch and ride again. We experienced the thrill of victory (nobody got hurt) and the agony of defeat (found out just how much we are doing wrong). But after all, this is why we are here. And it really gives us something to work on.

We just finished up with a barbecue dinner and are going to feed and blanket the horses, then head to the hotel for cocktail hour.

As a side note, I am pleased to note that Laura is coming over to my side and is becoming disorganized and can't get going in the morning without coffee. I don't think she is as pleased about it as I am.

Can't believe we only have a day and a half left before we head out again!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan!

    I'm enjoying your blog. Sounds like quite the adventure. Very fun, lucky you!

    I just bought the Level 1 and Level 2 DVD sets (finally) and am SO glad I did. I was completely stalled with Tess and now feel like I have the jumpstart and refresher course I need to get back to work and PLAY with her. I can't believe I let our relationship languish for so many months, but I guess her sore feet are my excuse. Yesterday I went and sat in the pasture for 30 minutes and not only did she not come over to say hi, she eventually walked the other direction. Today I greeted her (and the donkeys, who are always happy to come say hi) at the gate, called to her and she came over for some scratching. She put her head on my shoulder! *sniffle* Then this afternoon, I went out, sat in the pasture again for 15 minutes and she came over to say hi in about 5!!! Yippee! Progress! I topped it off with playing with her, getting her to walk forwards and backwards over a little log in the pasture.

    Quite the day for me, too!

    Have a great end of your stay in Pagosa Springs!

    ~Susie Miller

    p.s. Did you know that three folks from Sebastopol are there...Kathy Sparling, Lena Haug and Sydney (don't know her last name!)? Say hi from me if you see them!

    ReplyDelete