Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Hike at Pomo Canyon

Every month or so I like to get in a blog post. Far cry from my goal of every night!

I can't even remember what's been happening in the last few weeks so I'll just recap the last week or so. I'm trying to get in some hiking, so my friend Chris and I set out on Friday for Pomo Canyon, south of Jenner. This used to be one of my favorite hikes back when I actually did some hiking, so it was good to get out there again. The day started out with dense fog, so at least we weren't dealing with heat. Good thing, since this hike starts out with a killer climb, from the parking lot at Shell Beach straight up the hill across the highway. The fog was blowing around in whisps with hints of sunshine, making for a mystical setting.

I'm just going to share photos and they will tell the story of what a great hike this is. I'm not sure about the distance. We weren't in a hurry, and we ate a leisurely lunch at the campground that's at the far end of the trail, then went back more or less the way we came. It's an out and back with some variations available. We were probably out for about 3 hours on the trail











No comments:

Post a Comment