Friday, August 6, 2010

Just a few notes

Just a few thoughts...

Got to ride Cowboy today at home. Usually I just let the boys out to graze in the afternoon while I tend to other responsibilities, but I had time to ride, so I tied Cowboy up to saddle him. Dexter had a conniption fit (sp? I used to use this phrase all the time but that doesn't look right), pawing at the gate, neighing and then resorting to the flehmen response repeatedly. We have decided that he is not giving us lip so much as giving us the finger...the flehmen response is basically a sexual response, and in a way, so is the finger..so there you have it. Message received.

Dexter got his photo in the Press Democrat yesterday! On the weather page, having a nice gallop.

Favorite song--just about 5 years ago, right after I got Cowboy, I went to a clinic led by a Parelli clinician who played great music at his clinics, including a song by Rob Wasserman/Jennifer Warnes titled "Ballad of a Runaway Horse" that was so haunting that it stuck with me all this time. Finally got I-Tunes on my computer and the first thing I did was download this song (along with the greatest hits of Roy Orbison). And I'm in love with it all over again. Theoretically about a cowgirl and a runaway horse but there are a whole bunch of metaphors going on. and how can you not love lyrics like "he touches the moon when he paws at the sky", and "he longs to be lost, she longs for the same..." "My darling, my darling, just let it go by, that old silhouette on the wide western sky"... All about love and letting go...an area where I've had some experience. Anyway, highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment