Sunday, February 21, 2010

A busy week but not much worth posting on this site. Just work and everyday stuff. We had a few nice days and I did get to ride.

Wednesday was Horsey Dental day. Everybody got their teeth floated. They get pretty well sedated for this--after all, would YOU want to use power equipment inside their mouths while they were fully conscious? So for a while we had four stoned horses with nice smiles.

Cowboy has decided he's a jumper. I thought that after tearing down the hot wire during his last fence-jumping attempt, he might have reconsidered the wisdom of jumping electric fencing. But once again, I thought I had him trapped in Dexter's paddock, and he headed for the fence full tilt. Seems he did indeed reconsider this action and decided that the solution is to simply jump higher. Which he did. He is such an athlete. He even thumbed his nose at me as he leaped cleanly over the wire. Amazing, considering he doesn't have a thumb.

I got an order to bake a birthday cake for one of my mother's friends, so I've been spending lots of time in the kitchen the last couple days. I tried the cover cake from The Cake Bible and it came out nicely, but with a lot of leftover filling and fondant and decorations. So I baked another 6" cake tonight to use that up. Now I just need to find someone to eat it. The shoer is coming tomorrow with his girlfriend, wonder if they like chocolate? Wonder if he'll give me a discount? Anyway, both cakes turned out well and I played with the camera to capture them. Much better without flash--the flash flattens out the image. Both of these were without flash, the first in natural light and the second under the kitchen lights. The cakes are wrapped in homemade chocolate fondant that rises above the top of the cake and then the edge is loosely crimped. It's chocolate overload for sure.

It's late and the shoer is coming first thing in the morning so I'm signing out.

1 comment:

  1. Um. Those look terrifying! Tasty, but terrifying in their tastiness.

    I'm playing with the flash vs. not thing too, very interesting in the round pen.

    Glad the shoer got there! The boys will be happy, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete