Sunday, February 28, 2010

I've been trying to get caught up on tasks that have been neglected and piling up. So with work slow now, I virtually locked myself in the house Friday, put my nose to the grindstone, and cleared paperwork, fixed software and hardware problems, made those phone calls I've been putting off, and forced myself to make decisions I've been avoiding. It was very productive, and since it was typhoon season outside, I didn't miss much by being locked in my tower. The sun came out in the afternoon so late in the day I got outside with the camera and captured by camera a flowering plum tree that is trying to prove that Spring is coming.
Yesterday, my friend Kathy called and talked me into taking a ride to the beach (it wasn't hard to do). The surf was pounding and the sky was cloudy, and it was just spectacular. Nice to get away. We're planning a retreat weekend soon to figure out our lives. And we got back in time for me to ride Cowboy for a bit over at Laura's, and then Ken cooked us chateaubriand so how does it get any better than that?

My tax software arrived so I spent the end of the evening installing it (really poor instructions) and working on a tax return. Then did more cleaning and catching up this morning until I just couldn't stand it any more and saddled up for a bit, then did a little garden cleanup. And now I'm watching the Olympic closing ceremonies (sniff). I've been staying up so late watching the Olympics the last 2 weeks that I'm too tired to exercise. How's that for twisted logic? I did re-arrange the living room a bit so that I can now work on the computer while sitting in a chair instead of perched on the edge of the sofa. My only high-speed internet access is by wireless card service connected with my cell phone service, and since I'm in a fringe cell area the only reliable spot is the south side of the house in the living room. So I set up a little internet station in one corner, but no room for a chair, so I used the sofa arm. Not comfortable, and then I noticed a distinct deformity developing on that sofa arm where I perch, so I moved an old typewriter cabinet into a different corner for all the computer and camera equipment, and that is working much better. Hopefully the sofa arm will heal itself over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment