Friday, February 5, 2010

Not so CHiPper today...

Well, it did not rain during my drive to Corte Madera this morning. In fact, Stony Point Road was dry and in fine condition this morning as I headed to my client (running late of course). And there was not another car in sight. Which made it all the more aggravating to be lectured by the pre-pubescent CHP officer about the dangers of wet roads as he wrote my speeding ticket. The road wasn't wet, and since there were no other cars around (except his, of course, and he was parked in his hiding spot), with whom was I going to get in an accident? After all, I've been driving since before he was born (and possibly before his mother was born) and the only accident I've had is when I was 16 and the brakes failed on the family car, resulting in a spectacular collision with a cattle truck on Petaluma Blvd No. Come to think of it, I've had 4 traffic tickets in my entire life and 3 of them have been in the same area of Petaluma. I'd just stay out of Petaluma but that's where my mother lives so that won't happen.

So I was already late, and that made me later, so it was a long day and I got home late. So once again, no horse time except to muck.

I'm so glad it's Friday. I plan on spending tomorrow hiding under the covers all day. I'll come out to feed but that's it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Joan.

    Years ago, in the middle of my horrid custody nightmare, I was in tears, speeding through Cotati in my Volvo wagon and got pulled over by a kid who could barely grow a mustache.

    He said to me, as I sobbed, "Wouldn't it be worse to have gotten in an accident?"

    Just give me the friggin' ticket, son.

    ReplyDelete