Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I thought that my kitty Patches should get to share the blog with the big boys, so here is the Princess taking her morning sunbath.
Fill flash used.

As a response to concerns about the propriety of the picture of Cowboy rolling in the "Spring is Coming" post, I have modified the picture to make it more family-friendly. Check out that post for the revised version.
Tried to get pictures of Dexter running the other night but I had to chase him to get this shot. In spite of galloping like a maniac earlier in the day when I was trying to catch him, when I got the camera he turned into a cuddler and I had to terrify him to get him into action again.

But he got curious about the camera....briefly...


Whatcha got there? Is it really safe? Okay, now I'm so very bored.
The boys finally got their feet trimmed on Sunday. Cowboy's feet are growing out very nicely and he loves the barefoot life. Since the weather has been so bad, we haven't gotten out riding so I haven't had to deal with the boots. But we have signed up for a Trail Trials clinic on March 6 in Napa and will probably have to boot him up for that. Or not. I may just take my chances. We'll see how rocky it is.

I'm still riveted to the Olympics and it has been quite a show. What really impresses me is the way the athletes can take the most spectacular falls with no ill effects. I stare at the wreck in horror, waiting for the medics to clear the inevitable carnage, and then the athlete gets up and walks away, shaking his/her head in disgust at the failure to medal. One of the more useful horse clinics I attended had a session on falling off your horse, doing a tuck-and-roll maneuver instead of the brace-and-break-your-arm maneuver favored by so many of us weekend cowboys. It would probably be a good idea to start practicing that tuck-and-roll thing.

I'd like to say the Olympics have continued to inspire me to work out but alas, no, it has not. And I'm back to being sore and achey. Why is it so hard to squeeze in exercise time when I can find time to, say, update this blog?

On that note---good night!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I liked that picture of Cowboy! But you know I'm a little lewd that way.

    One of the young ladies at our barn (fellow TB owner) said her riding instructor used to make them fall off loping horses so they learn how to fall. Right. I think I'm too old for that, but luckily, I do seem to know how to fall well. Not that I like to, mind you, but so far so good. Steve might have done better if he'd had some warning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clinician at my "Falling off your horse" clinic did not have us fall off our horses, even at a dead stop, but he did have us walk down the arena with a partner and we took turns shoving each other until we fell down. It was disturbingly fun!

    ReplyDelete