Saturday, January 23, 2010

It was nice to see the sunshine today! Unfortunately, still no riding, the trails (and the arena for that matter) are still too wet and muddy. So the day was spent cleaning up the mess left by the storm and doing some delayed mucking. The boys did get out to pasture and had a bit of a frolic. Cowboy is quite full of himself, due to confinement and corn oil no doubt, and we had to revisit the topic of "boundaries" and just who is the "boss hoss".

The weather has the fitness program seriously behind schedule. Cowboy has not been getting massages, stretches or exercise and I've pretty much ignored my own program, at least the eating part. But I did get started on the 10-day beginner section of the Rider's Fitness program and am 5 days into it, so halfway through. It's a pretty mild program with lots of stretching which I can tell is helping the sore spots, and I can really tell the effects of a sedentary job. The Beginner section is followed by a 20-day Intermediate program that is more intense.

Tomorrow Laura and I are going to an orientation meeting to obtain permits to ride at the new Tolay Creek Ranch on Lakeville Rd outside of Petaluma. I've been hearing good things about this new regional park so let's hope for a spell of good weather so we can check it out!

Today I'm grateful for a bit of dry weather!

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping today's deluge really is the last for a few days, like the weather report says.

    Bar is responding nicely to the Jack Meagher system, though we are having to work up to the suggested times. He's sensitive, you know.

    Are you doing the Taylor Mountain orientation, too? We are, in March.

    ReplyDelete