Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Slow Day

A work day again with not much horse time. Just let the boys out to graze and while they did that I scooped poop. The boys have decided that while grazing is indeed good, the best part is playing hard-to-get when grazing time is over. They have a rollicking good time pretending they are wild brumbies avoiding the evil captors. The arena is conveniently in the middle of the pasture so they us lead a merry chase around the arena, going full tilt. Why can they go that fast without a mis-step on their own when they find every gopher hole in the place when we ride them at a slow walk? Just wondering...

I thought I would have a short work day but my laptop computer, never a speedy contraption, has now developed a severe case of "the slows", eventually becoming comatose and requiring CPR, or at least a hard reset, to come back to life. I have defragged it and swept it for viruses, and uninstalled several programs, but it is still haggard and wan. I did manage to finish up work, several (unbillable) hours later than I had hoped, and dropped the computer off at the repair center for rehabilitation on the way home . Hopefully it can be saved. There is barely money in the budget for treatment, let alone a transplant.

Maybe horse time tomorrow. I am starting off the day with a Reiki treatment, a Christmas present from Dexter (courtesy of Laura). I don't know much about Reiki and have deliberately avoided researching it so as not to go in with any preconceptions (trying to tap into that Inner Elephant). Then I have work to do but hopefully I can do something constructive with the boys and help Cowboy along with the program. And maybe get some exercise, too--so I can downsize the Outer Elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment