Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two days, no rain! Amazing! And no appointments anywhere over the weekend. This translated into lots of yard and housework, but yesterday I did get to do some bodywork and some riding. Not a lot but it sure felt good. Cowboy is doing nicely. His feel are looking great, and the white spots under the saddle (his "Angel Wings") are shedding out brown. I'm crossing my fingers that the new saddle will do the trick. He seems to be getting under himself better.

Today I did lots of housework, trying hard to de-clutter so I can find a few things. I need about a month off just to go through everything and get rid of stuff and develop a filing system for the rest of it.

I also needed to move hay. Laura orders lots of hay in the summer and stores it at her place, then I pull out what I need during the year. Last year we moved enough in the summer to last the winter over to my place, but this year, what with trips to Colorado and dealing with my dad's passing, that didn't happen and now I'm out of hay. Because of the rain, I can't go through her pasture to back up to the hay storage, so I got the truck as far as her barn, then we used the handcart to move the hay to the truck. Lots of work for a couple of old hags. Fortunatey, Laura's hubby Ken (aka BeerMan and CarrotMan) was on hand and assisted us, demonstrating his famous Hay Bale Caber Toss onto the truck. (It's so nice to have a man around the barn...) Then Laura finished stacking it.

While I stood by and took pictures. Hey, it's a dirty job but somebody has to do it.

The boys got to go out while we unloaded the hay at my place. I had hoped to get some shots of their "bad boy" attitudes when it was time to catch them and bring them back, but by then it was dark enough that my point and shoot would only take pictures with flash, so my photos were basically darkness with a couple glowing eyes. Not very printable. Now I think I need a new camera. A nice SLR where I can control everything. It's on my list of "Must Buy" items. It has lots of company.

I'm about 14 days into the 10-day beginning workout, but with skipped days...but tomorrow I will do the last day and them move on to the Intermediate workout. It's been an odd sort of week. I heard somewhere that last Monday was the most depressing day of the year (I did not get the details, why this particular day?) but it was comforting to know that I'm not alone in feeling unmotivated and frozen. Bad week of "oh, what's the use?". I'm trying to just put one foot in front of the other and remind myself of the Gratitude attitude. What am I thankful for? Blue skies, good friends, good health...there is a long list. Deal with the bad stuff, focus on the good. I keep trying to remember about the Elephant vs the Driver. I found a little "pocket totem" of an elephant at Wild Things in town that I'm trying to keep close to remind myself to focus on the joy and spontaneity in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment