Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just a quick reflection on human lives vs horse lives. I overslept this morning (nothing new) and saw by my digital alarm clock that it was 8:00 a.m. when I awoke after a troubling night's sleep spent with an overload of thoughts and then disturbing dreams about many things going on right now (ending with a nightmare about a stolen box of candy that ended with a stolen car). Then I got up and made my coffee in the electric coffee maker, using beans grown in another country, processed, and shipped round and about, finally ending up in my kitchen, before I went out to feed the boys.

The horses, meanwhile, did not know anything about alarm clocks but did know that their breakfast was late. Their lives consist of eat, drink, poop, play, unless we intervene with something additional. Their goal is to not get consumed by another critter, while our goal is not to get consumed by the life we have built for ourself.

And of course, they don't blog!

It was a good reflective frame of mind to be in for my reiki treatment, which I thoroughly enjoyed and was right on target. Won't reveal all that went on but for those with open minds, it was well worthwhile. I got lots of affirmation and encouragement about the direction I want my life to go. So there will be some changes coming! The horses won't be the main focus of this new direction but they will play a significant role.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, Joan--I like the balance/juxtaposition.

    Me? I posted about my NEW boots! :) I'll be more philosophical later, when the smell of new leather wears off.

    ReplyDelete